Our intention is to see and swim with the humpback whales on the Silver Bank but there are important steps we need to take to minimize the risks of Covid-19 and get everyone safely aboard and underway . Here's an explanation of our pre- and post-cruise Covid-19 protocols.
Please understand that these steps are to ensure as safe and trouble-free an experience as possible once you are aboard and then on your way back home. The health, morale, and financial consequences of a Covid-19 infection in an isolated environment can be extreme. Our Covid-19 protocols are not based on politics or personal opinions. Our goal is to take reasonable, common-sense steps to minimize the risks for the M/V Sea Hunter and her passengers and crew.
We will literally all be in the same boat together so your help and understanding are appreciated. Let's keep COVID-19 from coming aboard. With that goal in mind, the Covid-19 protocols are as follows:
– Guests must provide proof of vaccination and/or infection and recovery. Guests do not have to be vaccinated to travel but unvaccinated people must have had the virus and recovered. This is because people who are vaccinated and/or recovered have been exposed to the virus and are therefore far less likely to have a severe reaction to infection that requires serious medical intervention that may lead to evacuation, hospitalization or even death.
– Booster shots are highly recommended but not required.
– Before boarding guests must provide negative results to a Covid-19 test. An antigen quick-test self-administered at the marina is acceptable.
– In the week before travel guests are encouraged to utilize recognized best-practices for the prevention of Covid-19 by masking in crowded public places, social distancing, hand sanitizing, etc. Make conscious efforts to avoid infection.
– Guests are encouraged self-test before departure from home.
– Guests should be prepared and bring with them 2-3 antigen self-tests and a supply of N95/KN95 masks in case a situation occurs.
– If someone falls ill while aboard, we will remain on site if circumstances allow but the guest and their roommate will have to wear N95/KN95 masks at all times, and stay outside and maintain social distance as much as possible.
– Conscious Breath Adventures and M/V Sea Hunter are not responsible for any changes in itinerary or financial burdens or disappointments that arise from any situations related to covid. Travel during a pandemic is solely at the traveler’s risk.
– Travel insurance is highly recommended. Options can be found at DiveAssure.com and elsewhere.
Covid-19 testing services are widely available in the Dominican Republic. The service is fast and economical and is available at many larger resorts and most clinics. If you would like to arrange for testing either before or after your cruise, contact us for more detail.
Preparing for whale season was never like this before the pandemic. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Usually, we talk about dive masks and fins, not Covid masks and tests! While we can’t avoid the distractions and inconveniences of the pandemic, don’t forget why we are doing it: to see and swim with the wonderful humpback whales on the Silver Bank. It really is an exceptional experience and the Conscious Breath Adventures team, along with the crew of the M/V Sea Hunter, will all do our best to make it the most memorable wildlife experience of your life.